1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Snowsport ?

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by skissi01, Nov 11, 2007.

1. skissi01

skissi01 Junior Member
    from USA

I am considering getting a Snowsport plow or a Snowbear for my Jeep Wrangler. I will only have it for this winter so I don't want to spend the money on a commercial plow and I will only be doing my driveway. I was wondering if this plow hopes over the snow at all. Will it clear the driveway down to the ground or does it leave snow behind? If the city plows a bank into my approach will this plow clear it out or will it just ride right over it? Thanks, any input will be appreciated.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

they will get the snow up but it will not scrape the ground. you will be able to push through some snow banks as long as there not 6' high. imo they are a pain in the ass but only 1200 or so so it might be best route for you.

3. skissi01

skissi01 Junior Member
    from USA

So they arent going to get a nice finish on my driveway? There will be a noticeable amount of snow left behind after plowing?

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

the snowsport will get all the loose snow off of ur drive but will not scrape any packed snow or ice. i had one 2 years ago for a small lot( 20 spaces) and didnt want to spend the loot for a new big boy plow. it does a good job getting inches off the lot but nothing packed down. oh and you have to get out of the truck to put it up and down which can be cold. we got a walker spreader and used salt on the packd stuff.

5. skissi01

skissi01 Junior Member
    from USA

Hmm does anyone have any experience with both the snowsport and the snowbear to compare the two at all?

6. tjw in kans

tjw in kans Member
    from ne kans

skissi01, ck down several posts to "dont call me stupid" 7th post down by voyager al has pictures of his in use. i looked at the snowbear personal plow several years ago, didnt care much for it because of the storage space needed or, for the wheeled rolling affair to move the blade around to install, would be a real pita trying to do this outside in 10 inches of snow. a winch to raise it?, na, got that on my garden tractor.