1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hummerslawncare, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Hummerslawncare

Hummerslawncare Member
    from Mass.

I was wondering if it would be ok to put a plow on my 1994 4cyl. 5 speed jeep wrangler for a back up plow? Lat me know how you feel as far as if I can and plow size and all that good stuff :)

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

6'9" LD Fisher, 7' Curtis, Blizzard 680LT or 720LT, Western SU 6'5" or LSX 7'2"

3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I'd like to see a photo! Where's the photos of last storm you took? GIMME!!! :drinkup:

4. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

a guy by me has awestern on his 94 4 cyl, manual trans, so I'd say it can be done

5. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

6. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Absolutely can be done.....

I have a 93 Wrangler, 4.0, auto and a 90' Wrangler 2.5, 5 sp both with 6.5 fishers. Good for drives up to 8" or so in a pass. Don't expect the 2.5 to keep up with the 4.0 though.

7. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

I run the 4.0 with 4:11 gears locked up in the rear, 33 swampers. it works great it pushes like a tank. I definetly would consider upgrading the clutch, that would be the first to go. I installed a dual friction centerforce its on its thrid season and it works great. The stock clutch just wont cut it.

plow3.jpg

8. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Jeep plows and clutches

Cj's are the greatest all around plow vehicles there are. My Cj's of various years and engine sizes, 4 cylinders, L- heads, F-heads, overheads and V-8's never fried a clutch while plowing. The reason is very simple_ When you plow you are not supposed to slip your clutch. You are supposed to choose the right gear ratio and take your foot off the clutch and go. Use low range, and start off in first or second gear. You don't plow with a jeep in high range if you have any significant accumulation.

Use your gears not your clutch to manage your load!