1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jeep plow what type?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by C&J PLOWING, Sep 18, 2010.

1. C&J PLOWING

C&J PLOWING Junior Member

I have a 2002 se wrangler 4cyl automatic.
    What type of plow set up would you recomend.
    I'm looking at a 7'6" snow way or 7' hiniker.
    open to any plow or suggestion.
    Thank You! for your help

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Tough to bet the 22 series Snoway with Down pressure on the Wranglers.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If I am wrong let me know but the 22 series plow is 22" tall mold board correct? I think that is not tall enough. We use a fisher HD with a 29 inch mold board and a snow deflector on top.

7 1/2 food wide plow, back drag edge or DP

4. C&J PLOWING

22" is correct
    I'm going to do driveways only. Thought this would be sufficent height. But I have never done this before and thats why I come to you. Thought the down pressure on the snoway is a good option without doing a reconfiguration of my stock jeep.
    Thank You

5. C&J PLOWING

I just dont know who to trust at the plow stores?

6. C&J PLOWING

What should I be paying for a 7'6" snowway with down pressure and wireless remote?

7. theplowmeister

from MA

Down pressure is good (I think, never had it... Oops, I got on my boss V. I'ts not a Snoway and does not work as well as my fisher with a backdrag edg)

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Its been my experance that Vees never backdrag as well straight blades.

9. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

The Hiniker 700 series 7ft plow is a great plow for Jeeps. Not too heavy, great to have the down pressure and easy to hook up. I have some great deals on them too.
    Any questions you can get ahold of me at

Arlington Power Equipment
    Palatine IL
    1.847.241.1530 Ext 104
    Rob Johnson

10. Plow Man Jim

Plow Man Jim Junior Member
    from Iowa

Are you sure that a 71/2" foot plow isn't to heavy for your Jeep. It sure sounds like it, but then I don't know how much that brand of blade weights.

11. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I have a 7' 6" Boss on my stock 4 cylinder. I could have ran it stock, but the sag was just too ugly so I threw a set of timbrens in the front. If you have a Boss dealer in your area, I would give them a look. I'm very happy with mine

12. Rob From APE

The Snoway is lighter at 284lbs plus mount but at only 22" tall could cause some issues depending on what you are plowing. Putting the deflector on the top will help in most instances though. If doing larger areas the Hiniker at 26" tall is a better option and you can add the deflector on it as well. The Hiniker is a heavier plow at 449lbs. Both have the down pressure. The Hiniker is very easy for on/off, it only takes a matter of seconds.

If interested in the Hiniker I do have some great deals on them.

Rob Johnson
    Sales Manager
    Arlington Power Equipment
    Palatine IL
    1.847.241.1530 Ext 104
    Mon-Fri 7:30-5:00
    Sat 7:30-3:00

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hiniker has down pressure:confused: does snoway know:confused: Snoway has some legal thing.......it's called a ........Patent... that's it. I thought Snoway had a patent on Down Pressure, I knew Hiniker was direct lift but I didn't know they had down pressure. How do they do that without a double acting lift/raise cylinder?:confused:

14. theplowmeister

from MA

According to the Hiniker web site no DP

15. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Which model(s) of Hiniker come with DP???

Inquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

16. Rob From APE

I am sorry to have hit a soft spot with a few people. For years Hiniker has claimed down pressure with all there plows. When lowering plow to surface you can continue to hold the button and it will allow for the truck to lift the front end of the vehicle a bit creating additional down force. Since Snoway has come out with a Patented down pressure I see Hiniker is no longer claiming that. I appologize for the comment about Down Pressure.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Interesting since Snoway had DP before Hiniker made snowplows.

Yes I have to admit the truth is a soft spot with me.:nod:

18. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Again no apology necessary to me or anyone here on the forum. On the other hand if this is how you have sold and represented Hiniker to your customers you may have some explaining to do.

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As a consumer I'd be highly unhappy of any possibilities of misrepresentation. Hope that isn't the case.

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I just looked at the owner's manual for the 700 plow. I didn't see anything about down pressure. Glad I looked at the manual before buying the plow.

Sure would be disappointing to hear the salesman say it has down pressure, only to learn after the fact it does not.:realmad: