1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Plow On Front, Pull Plow On Rear

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 32vld, Feb 14, 2013.

1. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have heard second hand info of people running Wrangler's with a front plow and a pull plow on the rear at the same time.

I do mostly residential work and I am thinking of going that way to increase my productivity.

I have a Jeep Wrangler 2005 Unlimited.
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The hole point of a wrangler is small and maneuverable... kind of loose that with the added width and length of a pull plow.

I find a V plow helps a lot with productivity.
  3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

maybe a nice straight blade with a back drag edge
    however the pull plow is not a bad idea at all i wish i had one
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

No you don't, especially on a small vehicle like a jeep. The pull plow will make it that much better.
  5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Road2Damascus (Mike) is set up this way. That Jeep is AMAZING for residential. Do it, and watch your productivity soar! Ask him about it. I've seen. It's FANTASTIC.
  6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Snowman Snow plows Has a jeep they use with front and rear plow Looks kool but think a Vplow on it would be more kool vs the straight blade they run
  7. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

No plow company sells a v plow that will fit a Jeep Wrangler.

Yes there is a guy that was able to put a Boss UTV plow on his Wrangler. Though he was able to do the work or afford to have the custome work done to mount the UTV plow on a Wrangler.
  8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

theplowmeister has a 7'6'' Boss V on his Jeep
  9. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

10. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The Jeep is an Awesome plowing vehicle!:mechanic:

11. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a sweet jeep Thumbs Up
  12. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

What type of back blade is that?
  13. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Awesome Jeep, I love it well done:salute:
  14. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

This is just ridiculous.

How can a tool that increases productivity on just about anything, especially driveways, be a bad thing?

I'm guessing you've never used a back blade? Or at least hoping.
  15. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

The issue is that he's comparing apples to oranges. His thought is that the Jeep's advantage over a pickup is its shorter length and better maneuverability. His thought process then considers the extra length of the back blade taking away that advantage...but he forgot to factor in what a back blade would do on a pickup. Sure, the Wrangler with the back blade might be almost as long as a pickup without a back blade, but the pickup can't do back blade work. A Wranger with a back blade is just as much shorter than a pickup with a back blade as a Wrangler without is shorter than a pickup without.
  16. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I have a Jeep with 83,000 miles. Owned since new. Not going to buy a truck to plow with. Either I to buy a truck or the plows, can not afford to buy both.

Yes a Wrangler has the size advantage compared to a pickup without a plow. Still has the advantage when both have front plows and when both have front and rear plows.

Looking at the black Jeep photos in this thread it looks as if that Jeep would still be shorter then a full size pickup with just a front plow.

Thing is I have seen some plows that do not back drag well. And, I it seems that being able to pull plow well make me get my jobs done faster.
  17. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Plowmeisters v plow at the front and a daniels pull plow at the back of a rubicon would be the perfect plowing machine for driveways.
    I have a pull plow on a pick up and a WISH i had a v plow instead of a straight one
  18. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

As it seems most of you like the idea of a pull plow, you will most likely want to hang me for this but, I see a pull plow as a total waste of money, especially for home driveway applications. Sorry guys but thats just my thoughts.
  19. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Do tell more I like to hear more Why its a waste on a driveway
    I dont own one
  20. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Say whatever you want, 60 years of experience says you're oh so very wrong.