1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jeep owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpunlimited, Dec 17, 2004.

1. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I finally got something to hold the lightning bolt strobe for my soft top what do you think? check out pictures.

jeepstrobe 001.jpg

jeepstrobe 002.jpg

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Looks good :waving:

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

that is actually a very good idea. the only question is if you catch something like a tree branch what will happen to it, will the condit bend or will it tear your jeeps body?

4. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

That is nice. I saw something like that a while ago on Ebay, only it went behind the tail light. Did you make that yourself or are those sold somewhere?

Hey I see all your pics are in a storage place, how much are prices down where you are? Ours are crazy, like $200 a month.

5. jpunlimited

strobe

if I hit a branch the "U" box at the bottom will brake. it is using the hinge bolt and can come of in 2 minutes. I plow storage sites so it is wide open. it is more likely some punk at walmart will grab it while I am x-mas shopping.
    storage rates are $110 for a 10x10

6. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

Damn, $110 for a 10X10. Im paying $96 for a 10X20 and I feel violated.
    Is that a good contract doing the storage facility? Ive been thinking of approaching the owners of the complex that I rent from about doing their property.

Oops. Just noticed that you own the storage building. Good for you. I kick myself every time I drive by one because I wanted to put one up about 7 or 8 years ago and didnt have the guts to invest. Now they are on every other corner and are full all the time.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  7. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Looks good. Should a stiff spring in-line somewhere and it will never break.

8. jpunlimited

why didn't I think of that?

dam thats a good idea just like a large whip antenna has.

9. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Beacon

I installed my beacon on my wrangler soft top in the center of the top i used a stainless steel plate and bolted it to the windshield frame. it works great thats a cool idea jpunlimited.

beeker2.jpg

beeker.jpg

10. jpunlimited

nice

I like that plate, I was trying to do that but on the sides near the door but could not get it together. I may steal your Idea also and put a rotating light like yours. it seems you can not have enough lights going. I like your idea because it can be removed like the one I built. I do not want this crap on my jeep when summer hits.