1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep or Half ton pick up for plowing

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by ICE CREAM MAN, Feb 12, 2015.

1. ICE CREAM MAN

ICE CREAM MAN Junior Member
    from MA

My son is looking at either or for plowing. Any recommendations? I plow with an f 350 with an xv2. I like the boss utility plows I see on the jeeps here. The Jeep would be a four door. Thanks for the input.

2. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

Depends on what he plans on plowing. In my (biased) opinion, you cannot beat a Jeep for typical residential driveways. That said, I would never attempt to plow Walmart with mine.

Just curious... you said a 4-door Jeep. Why? The advantage of a Jeep (2-door) is the short wheel base. A 4-door Jeep adds a lot of length and negates any advantage you had over a pickup.

3. ICE CREAM MAN

from MA

I know the the door is the way to go. But he wants a four door. He is just doing a few driveways that he has been doing for years with his quad. Would you go rubicon or sahara?

4. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

Biggest advantage of the Rubicon is the steeper gears and heavier front axle.

That said, mine is a Sport (which has none of that) and does just fine. I don't think any of Plowmeisters Jeeps are Rubicons either.

5. bostiguy

bostiguy Junior Member

The Rubicon will cost more but will have a few more upgrades over the Sahara he may want for stuff other than plowing. Plus, the resale value will be a lot better when he decides sell or trade in.

6. ICE CREAM MAN

from MA

I went with the rubicon. I plan on using it for off road as well.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

8. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Haha. Nice. Thanks for posting my Jeep! I should send you my JK to post. I can't get to work.
    Jeeps Rock for snow plowing!

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is it that good?