1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Lift Help

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Louiso, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

okay i have a 2002 jeep wrangler with a 4" lift!

I am wanting to put a plow on it but i dont know if i can with the lift?

can you please help

i will have pictures soon!!

also any ideas/ pictures of your jeep with a lift please post!!

2. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

jeeep

my pics

old pics

its at line x getting hooked up..i cant wait till i get it back!!! then i will post more pics...

16078957322_ORIG.jpg

3. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

my b

i dont know why it only put one pic?

16078922771_ORIG.jpg

4. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I have a plow with a 4" lift, I have some pics in my profile.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Yes you can put a plow on it. you have to modify the plow or mount so the plow mounting is at the correct hight. The plow manufacturer can tell you what the hight is. (plow "A-frame" level)

6. JN16184

JN16184 Member

From your pictures, you have a body lift, not a suspension lift. Your frame height is the same as stock, except for possibly a tire size change. Your lift will not affect plow mounting since the frame is pretty much in the stock height position. FYI, eventually most body lifts will punch through the body like a hole punch because the material they're made of is too hard....keep an eye on them.

7. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

YES

You should be fine with a stock plow setup, if not you might need a 2" drop on the A frame arms(costs around $250 at a welder). Go get a plow and start making some $$$

8. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

i have a atv with a plow that is doing the job for right not till i am 16......almost there...cant wait till nov.!!!!

9. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

theres definitely suspension lift too, doesnt look like you need that body lift either, Id go down to stock or a 1in body lift, those hard plastic body lifts can do some damage, especially if you are gona be hammering away with a plow

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  10. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

yeah i think its 1inch