1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep liberty

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Jim Prill, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

I just purchased this jeep liberty with a bad cyl. head for $200.00. I am kicking around the idea of putting a plow on it and use it as a driveway truck.
    I am looking for suggestions as far as plow choices I lick the snow dogg design my friend has a light duty one on his 98 tahoe or the meyer driveway pro.

The Jeep is a 2002 with 134k 3.7L auto.

2. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

Sorry about no pictures

ebay 033.jpg

ebay 034.jpg

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Snoway 22 series is a good choice for that truck, Down pressure is the key. Excellent for backdragging.

4. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

i have the Meyer DrivePro 6'8" Steel on my 07 Wrangler and have liked it very much. I know Meyer has a similar or maybe even the same setup for the Liberty as well.

Good Luck!

Keith

5. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

Question for basher, I was on the snoway web site and they state the mold board weighs 284lbs not including the rest of the gear. My question is this, what is the total weight of the complete plow (7'6 model)?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't know off the top of my head I would guess:( around 50/55lbs

7. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

There's a guy in my town running a 6.5' blizzard on a liberty, I've seen him around for about 4 years now, so it has to be holding up okay.

8. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

I say way to go with that is but the meyers drive pro on it.

9. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

Thank you basher for the info.