1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Grand Wagoneer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mbrinson, Jan 6, 2005.

1. mbrinson

mbrinson Junior Member

I'm wondering if my '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer is a good vehicle to use with a plow? I'm a rookie and need a set up to plow my driveway and 100 x 100 ft. parking area. If so, What size and/or model would you guys recommend. If my Wagoneer isn't doable, what vehicle/plow would you consider a cost effective alternative. Thanks for any advice!

2. trackdog90

trackdog90 Junior Member

If I remember correctly, in '84 the Grand Wagoneer was the same frame and running gear as a J 10 pick-up, usually with a 360 cid V-8. Meyer makes a 7 1/2' that will be fine for that truck. Jeep made great trucks back then, unfortunately the bodies would rust through long before the chassis and motor were tired. Good luck.

Trackdog

3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

those jeeps are EXCELLENT to plow with, a 7' plow will handle anything you need it to, niec turning radius, nice frame and goes thru snow with no problems at all, much better then a pick up. Just make sure the springs are up to the task if they are original.

I would call your local dealer and see what is made that can still fit the truck, that might be the determining factor in your plow choice, go with whatever they sell that is local and easy for you to get service and parts for

I plowed commercially for 9 years with a 2 door version of your truck, it never let me down and mechanically it was very cheap to maintain

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

One of the best plow vehicles I have ever owned , still have them but they sit because 1 broke the frame from rust and the other needs brake lines . need parts ? call me i have the complete bolt on frame for one , no blade or pump .

5. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

jump on that deal, once you get proper mount the rest is easy to find

6. mbrinson

mbrinson Junior Member

'84 Grand Wagoneer

Thanks for the info guys! Matt I'll get in touch about that frame if I can't get it locally. -Mike