1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Farmer Dave, Nov 17, 2003.

?

Jeep Grand Cherokee plows?

1. what kind of plow

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. what size of plow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. is it a good idea??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave Junior Member

I recently bought a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I am thinking about putting a plow on it. Is it a good Idea or not? If it will work what kind of plow and what size shoul I be looking at??:)

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

good luck, you are not going to find a plow for it

3. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

Farmer Dave, try a search for a member "cappaj1". This has been discussed quite a bit. Some funny stuff, too.

4. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Why not? aside from the unibody construction. Or is that the whole reason?

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

6. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

OK, if the unibody is so weak, why did they make them for the comanche? Same thing from the cab forwards, just a subframe (I think) to tie the 2 halves together.
    I have seen a few comanche's around with plows, they seemed to do pretty good around here.
    Chris

7. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

You may be able to fabricate something to fit the Grand Cherokee, but I doubt you'll find anything made specifically for it. My personal opinion, if you're gonna plow, plow with a truck, not a Grand Cherokee, the trannies are made to haul people, not push 2 tons of snow. I own a Dodge, I've heard bad stuff from the beginning, but the majority of bad things were from Caravans and Grand Cherokee's

Chris

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Even though this thread is old, I'll respond anyway.:rolleyes:
    You NEVER want to try to put a plow on a uni-body.:nono: