1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Cherokee with Fisher Unit

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowguy01886, Oct 30, 2003.

1. plowguy01886

plowguy01886 Junior Member

Yahoo. I just got my 1998 Cherokee back after the shop installed my Fisher frame (off my older 1987 Comanche pickup). I am just about ready for the *real* snow to fly!

I hooked up the blade last night and tried it out. Up and down work fine. It tilts right really fast, but it is super slow swinging it to the left, 7 out of 10 times. But 3 out of 10 times, it swings left really well. They did put on new cables, and told me I would probably have to bring it back (with the blade on) for them to "tune" such things. They said the adjustment could be as quick at 15 minutes, or as long as 4 hours.

Anyone have a feel for how easy such an adjustment should be?

Also, I took some measurements of the distance from the plow frame to the ground.

Plow is not attached = 18.75"
    Plow on, but "down" = 17.5"
    Plow on, but "raised" = 16.25"

Sounds like I may need heavier duty springs (and Timbres) on the front. Anyone else with a Cherokee had to do that (snowplowjay?).

Thanks!