1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by BigDBoots, Oct 30, 2011.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

So, while plowing in the freak storm we had up here my 4wd gave me an issue. I can put the vehicle into 4wd but the indicator light on the dash does not illuminate. Any ideas of what may cause this? There are no others issues.... that I am aware of. 4.0 engine, manuel trans, 48,000 miles
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

It's either a burned out bulb or the switch is misaligned or broke. There is no disconnect I'm aware of so if the lever is 4WD it's in 4WD regardless of the light being on.
  3. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

thanks fester, I doubt the bulb is burnt out since the rest of the dash is all good, but could be. I made some calls and was told about the switch so I am waiting for things to warm up a bit here in NJ after this freak storm and will figure it out under there, thanks again
  4. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Yeah, there may be a switch on the T-case.
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

There IS a switch on the transfer case
  6. Jeepm@n

Jeepm@n Member

7. bschurr

bschurr Member

From time to time my 4x4 light doesnt illuminate but my 97 TJ is definately in 4WD. The switch could be bad or perhaps just a loose connection...