1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD vs Simplicity Blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sammy, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy Member

I'am thinking of getting a new 2 stage.
    JD 924DE or Simplicity 860M.
    Any users/opinions of JD or Simplicity ? :confused:

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I uses my John Deere snowblower last winter to clear several driveways and they works very well. Never let me down. John Deere is well known for high quality equipments. John Deere has made several improvements to their snowblowers and it is built to last much more longer. JD 924DE is a good selection.

Are you planning on using the snowblower for your sidewalk and driveway? Or are you also planning on using it for several other driveways doing business? If you are doing business, then I would suggest a larger frame JD snowblower.

3. Sammy

Sammy Member

What model of the Deere did you use last winter ?

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Last year I bought a John Deere TRS27 snowblower. I bought it used but it is almost all new. The previous owner sold it to the store because the previous owner moved to south. The snowblower was used only a couple of times by the previous owner so the snowblower is almost all new when I bought it. John Deere do not make large frame TRS models anymore. They stopped making large frame TRS models a few years ago. But I do know that DE and DDE models is better than mine because of heavy duty gear box and several improvements.

Are you planning on using the snowblower for your sidewalk and driveway? Or are you also planning on using it for several other driveways doing business? Please let me know so I can give you my opinion on which models I think is suitable for you.

5. Sammy

Sammy Member

wxmn6, thanks for your reply. :)