1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD tractor snow basket

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cj7plowing, Dec 2, 2011.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

got this bucket about a month ago and finally had time to get over to my friends fabrcation shop to modify it. bucket was heavy when i bought it about 520 pounds, ended up cutting 120 pounds out of it. should work well for relocating snow and opening some of my driveways up.

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I like your whole set-up. We just bought a 3720 utility tractor at work and love it....
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like he did a nice job.
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

That looks really good, was expecting to see some hillbilly ingenuity with crappy torch cuts lol
  5. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Thanks looks very nice! How much snow will thatbucket hold now ?
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Did your friend just put IH logos all over you JD bucket....?:D Sneaky.
  7. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

Hahaha just realized that

bucket holds .86 yards

we layed it out and cut it up with his plasma cutter and used a straight edge for the straight parts of the hole and free hand the half circles.

I goofed and order a 6ft wide bucket by accident(should have got 5ft) , but after cutting 120 pounds out of it. it feels right on the front of the tractor.

here is who I ordered the bucket from

8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

post some pics when you use it......seems like it may leave snow trails....may line it with aluminium
  9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Its suppose to look that way....the slots/holes allow easier filling & dumping of the bucket...while also reducing weight and allowing greater lifting capacity.

Looks awesome! I have seriously considered doing the same thing for a skid.
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

If it's just for opening up and relocating, then there will be a mess to clean up regardless.

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

True....but I think alot of people would be surprised at how little snow actually does fall through.
  12. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Its not like he is going to be plowing fresh snow with it. The bucket is designed to remove/relocate piles of compacted snow.

There was a guy on PS a few yeas ago that had one of these buckets on a Deere 244J, and he was using it for the same thing. His also didn't leave a mess behind either.

Personally, I agree with Snocrete. I would love to have one built for a skid but with a high reach option for going over the sides of extended tandems.

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That would be sweetwesport
  14. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

they work very well on large loaders also, here is SD dave John Deere 244j with a 3yd bucket on it

15. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

Bucket Looks Great BUT...

See Pic......

new 1.jpg
  16. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Looks like theres a wear edge welded on
  17. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

What kind of cab is that? Curtis?Im thinking of getting a cab for my 4210
  18. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

They work well on even larger loaders as well. We have a 14 ft wide one for our Cat 966G and a 12 ft wide one for our Case 821B. They are by far the most efficient way to relocate snow over shortish distances.
  19. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

Its a curtis cab with hard doors and heat.
  20. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

you guys did a nice job on the bucket