1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD Skid steer hydro quicktatch?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Arc Burn, May 13, 2003.

1. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I was reading a JD brochure today for the 200 series Skids and i read about the hydro quicktatch option,it claims you can hook up attatchments without getting out of the skid,excuse my ignorance as i have only run older Bobcats were i had to get out and hook up the hoses,anyways,how does this option work?

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

quicktach

Don't know about the JD's but the bobcat website says you will still have to exit the cab and shut off the machine to connect the hydro's. You dont have to leave the cab if your attachment is not hydraulic.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It would only be an advantage in non hydro attachments, such as a GP bucket or pallet forks. You just throw a switch to release the dogs and make the change. Hoses still have to be connected manually.

Many manufacturers offer this as an option.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You fellas are correct(you already knew that!)After reading the brochure again,the LATCHES are hydro,just like Pelican said,when i saw quicktatch and hydro in the same sentence i was pretty much blown away:eek: ,Oh wait,maybe I could be the first to invent thatpayup .Nobody read my last sentence:D