1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD blowing deep snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by RdTeK, Feb 8, 2015.

1. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

2. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Nice! I'm envious, have to make do with a 2305 and blower. Ah well, maybe someday...

3. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Could have used that awesome blower here last Monday on a few drifts

4. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That is just nuts man! I was stationed in Waterloo, Iowa for 3 years during my Marine Corps career, believe it or not, and ended up living in a tiny town outside Waterloo called Dunkerton. The farmers would get these blowers out and blow the drifts on that ended up on the road and it would shoot snow 100 years - I swear! That was so cool!

JD - where is that??

5. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

Hello. I'm on the east coast of Canada, Prince Edward Island. We've had two blizzards in the last 10 days or so....160cm (5.2ft) since Jan 27.....hope it lets up soon.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

awesome, how does it blow mount the side like that? hydraulic blockoff and what is the purpose? How wide is it 96"? Seems like you're not moving very fast for that size machine, doesn't say much for me using a 66hp 2.4L 4024T engine deere 4720 compact lol, they make an entire kit with a 74" front blower for it but its like 10 grand.

7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Actually someone online said its more like $13,000 now, can save that lol.

SB2176SnowBlower.jpg

8. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

The drum rotates by a hydraulic motor, either left or right. Opening that side chute up gains 10-15 hp instead of putting snow out the top chute. It's great where you can use it in that application. The snow was sitting there all winter, so it was a little hard. The blower is 92" wide and 43" high....it takes a good bite!!!