1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD 455 Hydraulic Snow Blade

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Enginemen, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Enginemen

Enginemen Junior Member

Afternoon All
    I am new to the site would like to get some feed back I have a John Deere 455 an would like to get a hydraulic snow blade does anyone know of a manufacture that makes one other than JD?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Does your machine use a quick-hitch? If so, you could easily retrofit blades from any number of manufacturers. When my JD blade finally wears out I'm going to switch to a Boss ATV blade (hopefully they'll have a 66" one by then). I looked at them yesterday and it'll take a skilled fabricator 4 hours to get the blade to fit my hitch.
  3. Enginemen

Enginemen Junior Member

Thanks Camden for the reply, the best I know my 455 will take a quick-hitch when I bought it the only thing attachment wise was the 60" deck mower will like into the quick hitch details more.