1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD 4120 Sectional Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 32below, Oct 26, 2013.

1. 32below

32below Junior Member

I have a John Deere 4120 backhoe 4x4, and i'm looking to put an arctic sectional plow on it. How big can I go?..Can I get away with a 10' or 12'? thanks!
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I believe Artic says you can go one size bigger than a rubber edge pusher because they push easier (less friction). That said you could probably use a 14' (I would still use a 12'). I don't know if they recommend a LD or HD for a backhoe, the HD are heavy units. Some of your choice should be based on snow type you typically get (east coast high moisture concrete or rocky MTN low moisture fluff).
  3. DaleK

DaleK Junior Member

I think 10' would be lots for a tractor that small, anything wider and it's going to start affecting your stability side to side when it's up.