1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD 320D 2 speed?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by pvtben121, Jan 18, 2015.

1. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

Can i look up the VIN to see if it is 1 or 2 speed?

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Yep. If you post it I'll check for you, or you can take it to any dealer.

When you turn the key on, or hit the start button the first time on a keyless start machine, the display on the upper left side should say either 1 or 2 speed, as well.

3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

T0320da182594

4. John_DeereGreen

Original build codes don't show that it's a 2 speed. They actually don't show anything about a transmission at all either single or 2 speed. Never seen that before.

I checked several others and they all showed 2 speed, when I picked random units that I knew were 2 speed.

5. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

Ok thanks anyway it says 1 speed on the startup menu.It also is terrible to start in temperatures below 30. Is there a cold start kit,or a engine block heater? If so where can i get these? My local dealer is a pain

6. John_DeereGreen

The engines are terrible in cold weather in those machines. To get a decent starting unit you need to jump up to the large frame machine. Deere does have a block heater, and I think a cold weather package that bumps up your battery CCA.

What dealer are you working with? As far as I know, the dealers are the only place to get these things.

7. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

Yea tell me about it. The main thing i use it for is loading salt trucks. Hard to do that when it wont start at 3 am.
    Murphy Tractor is who i use they are on the west side of columbus.
    I think i will try a better battery and the block heater if that doesn't work i ll have to trade it. No point of owning a machine with all the bells and whistles, but it wont start

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It don't have glow plugs?

9. John_DeereGreen

Try JD Equipment. The construction dealers can be hard to deal with for smaller stuff. We're peanuts compared to what they're normally selling.

10. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

I didnt think JD could get parts on skid steers

11. John_DeereGreen

Yep, JD can get any skid/track/mini ex parts. If they have them sitting in front of the store, they can get parts.

12. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

Gotcha thanks