1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD 310 backhoe pusher size

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pushbigsnow, Dec 13, 2014.

1. pushbigsnow

pushbigsnow Junior Member

Have a John Deere backhoe 310. Plowing a commercial box store with a fair amount of islands. They want all the snow moves to one side of the property away from the building. What's the best size pusher to use for a backhoe that size?

2. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

i would go with a 10 foot or maybe a 12 foot box.

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I have a 310 D and I use a 12' back hoe protec. Works good, that problem you are going to run into is being able to stay close to the curb on circle islands. Once you get a full blade it doesn't turn very well.

4. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I use a 12ft on my Cat 420E. Does great but when box is full, don't even try to steer with the wheel. You will have to get real good steering with the left and right brakes.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

A 12' box on most backhoes can get overloaded when pushing huge heavy snow piles in front like a 10' box can on a full size skid steer..

BUT, thats not too often even in Nj when we're plowing with the storm the whole time. 12' is the way to go on any backhoes that are 16,000lbs+, which is likely all of them.

10' will seem too narrow but would work.

6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Chains on all four tires, thats what I do on both of my loaders.

7. SullivanSeptic

Chains? No way. Those would demolish a parking lot around here. And way overkill

8. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

What does Chicago use for pavement? Cardboard.

9. SullivanSeptic

Pretty much.

10. precisioncare

precisioncare Junior Member
    from NY

12' on my 310...need good tires but still hard to make corners, just need to be good with the brakes. Nice for 2-4" storms but anything over that cuts efficiency

11. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

12' should be OK. That's what we put on 416 cat.

12. Winteriscoming

Winteriscoming Junior Member

Arctic ld12, directly connected(no bucket mounts), and you wont have any trouble pushing or steering...