1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JD 250 Wires on Roof

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Chipmunk, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Member

Ok, so we have a JD 250, don't know what year. There are two wires with quick connects crimped on just hanging out the roof.

Are these factory installed or modified by previous owner? We bought it used and its in fantastic shape.

I thinking they are wired to the headlight switch and can attach a beacon or some sort of Emergency light to it.

Any ideas? I suppose I should run a electrical test to find out what turns them on, huh? lol

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I don't think they are factory.

3. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Member

Yeah, I didn't think so. I think the best thing to do is Turn on the headlight switch and see if I get power there. If not, try to find out what gives it power.

Thanks crete.

4. Rjossart

Rjossart Junior Member

There are several factory connections behind the dash, one for flashers, beacon, wiper motor etc. If not in use just put them behind the dash. should be hot with ignition on.

5. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Member

Do you mean that the connection harness is present, just not the switch if it doesn't have that particular option? If thats the case, then I can easily put in my own switch.

Which would be sweet so I don't have to have the Emergency on every time the lights are on.

If not, I can easily run my own electrical I suppose.