1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by kountryscape, Feb 13, 2001.

1. kountryscape

kountryscape Junior Member

Been looking for the best of the best what i need is a skid loader,mini excavator,and wheel loader in one machine. jcb has a mini-backhoe with loader i think its a tx1 model looks great but the price isn't 65,000. another thing i looked into was a powertrac 400 http://www.powertrac.com i like the idea articulated no chewed up grass etc. but the thing looks to much like a homeowner machine. i want something to last ,kinda small,and built. can you help? I like the bobcat system but my banker won't but then again how many bankers would.
  2. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Not sure if this is what your looking for but do a search on the web for terramite. They sell mini backhoe loaders and if I remember right they are a lot cheaper than the JCB (probobly for a reason though) They are very popular at rental stations, so maybe check at your local rental dealer and see what he's using. Good Luck!
  3. morturf

morturf Junior Member

the power trac 1800 is a real machine...it is a decendent of hardrock mining equipment. I would look at it...many attachments too. Hope this helps...
  4. kountryscape

thanks guys I like the little terremite tractors they look like they might work except leg room would be a factor. I'm 6'4" i might look like the jolly green giant on that. that power trac machine is nice the trailer makes it. any others like the power trac.
  5. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Web address for powertrac??

Do you have another address, I searched but couldn't find it. That site won't open for me. I wanted to check it out

6. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Just from the machines mentioned here the jcb is by far the superior of the bunch.If it were me I would buy a popular named skid loader and put the backhoe attachment on it.One other option you have is a schaeff, you can find there web site at http://www.schaeffusa.com it is the last machine on the construction page.This machine usually has buckets where the attachment are shown on this machine. It might be a little large for what you are talking about but is as close to a do all machine as you will find especially since you included wheel loader in you criteria.
  7. kountryscape

8. parkwest

parkwest Junior Member

Did you by chance look at the JCB 520 loadall? Thats what I've been thinking of getting. If you did, what did you think?
  9. kountryscape

I think the 520 is to big for me . If i wanted a larger backhoe i would get a used 580k case.

thanks for helping
    "your backyard contractor"
  10. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

11. kountryscape

ditch witch

saw a ditch witch 1025 sk . It's a loader backhoe on a trncher frame. anyone seen one of these the price was 9000.00 is that good or should i steer clear.