1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JCB Wheel Loader opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by motoxguy, Sep 22, 2011.

1. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

I'm looking at buying a jcb 416ht wheel loader and was curious if any of you guys have any experience with them and if they are quality product or not. I've looked at the deeres,cat, and volvo but they all have twice the amount of hours or more then this machine and are going for the same amount of money. I know that they are a better machines but we will be using this machine primarily for snow use only as well as loading mulch in the summer.

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to work at the dealership that sold JCB when I was in HighSchool. I think they are very high quality machines, rarely in for any repairs. I see you are in WI, I hope this isnt the same loader that we demo'd a couple weeks ago, because that thing is a p.o.s., and theres no way the hour meter is accurate, they admitted it was probably a bit off when we pressed on what the actual hours were. Pm me if you wish.

3. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

was this the 2003 machine with i believe 4700hr? i know they did just sell a 2001 machine with less hrs.

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

JCB makes great products and they stand behind them. Should have no problems if you're dealing with an authorized dealer. I sold them for years and have been to their facility in Great Britain....extremely high tech manufacturing plant and they support their dealers.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

5. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

I have never had a problem with any of my JCB equipment at all and I love their stuff. I have Case and Cat stuff as well and would say my JCB's are just as good.

6. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

I plowed with a JCB 214 last year. Started all the time. This machine was bought new by the company my nephew worked for and then he bought it off of them. He had it for about 6 yrs before I bought it off of him. He replaced a front u-joint on it while he had it. I had it for 3 yrs after him and just serviced it with oils and filters. No problems. I used it for plowing last year and it always started. I just traded it in on a Cat 924g. Not because anything was wrong with it. I just needed a bigger machine for my plow.

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I own them and looking at adding a couple more this winter. I have never had a problem with them..Great value IMO. I'm looking at a low hour 416HT in Wi as well as 3CLL's out that way too.