1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JCB Skidsteers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by born2farm, Aug 29, 2013.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Anybody have any opinions on the newer JCB Skidsteers. I read some old threads on here with some pretty mixed reviews. We are looking to rent a skid steer to run on a group of apartment complexes and some other small commercials in a tight group. We have other skidsteers (Bobcat) and are going to rent as we are only needing the additional loaders in the winter. I have priced rentals on Cat, Bobcat, JCB and Case and for comparable size machines the JCB is $500-$700 less per month.

The only thing that worries me is that the parts are not very common and I have heard they use odd thread sizes. The dealer is two hours away from our shop(Bobcat, Cat and Case are an hour away), which generally doesnt worry me because of our in house mechanic, but if the stuff cannot be fixed without parts from overseas then I am concerned.

We would not be shut down if this loader breaks as we have others or trucks that can fill the spot. However I would like to be able to perform our own general repairs if needed.

Any body have experience with these machines?
  2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I've always considered parts and service to be the most important consideration when buying a machine. But I don't think its as important with a seasonal rental. Can't imagine you'd have an issue. Regular maintenance and these machines are pretty much good to go for hundreds if not thousands of hours without any serious issues. 500- 700$ less sounds like it might be worth it.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

A friends business has 3 ECO 260's. They had 2 for about a year that replaced Bobcat S185's and they just bought a 3rd 260 a couple months ago. They seem quite happy with them.

They also have I believe 3 Fastrac's and continue to buy a new one every few years to replace the oldest one in the fleet.