1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JCB owners

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by plowfever, Nov 11, 2011.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Wondering if there is any JCB owners out there that can shed some light on there new generation skid steers. I have been looking for a skid steer for snow and called the dealer the other day to see what they had and he told me that he thought it might be in my better interest looking into a new machine as he could get me into one for about the same price as used units he had. I like the looks of the machines but I am unfamiliar with the brand in general. I know they are a very large company and say they sell more backhoes than any of the other brands. I guess my questions are are they good machines?
  2. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I've never owned a skid steer from them, but I had a fleet of Loadall forklifts for a long time. I loved them. The only thing I hate is parts. The hoses are British metric, and if parts need to be flown in, then you have at least a week of down time. However I will admit that happened maybe twice to me. Good luck
  3. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

They have a deal now that if the dealer doesn't have the parts in 48 hours they are free. I think they are going to be over priced by the way the dealer is talking. I am going to probably stay with Deere or Case/New Holland.
  4. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Interesting side arm. I have a midi cx and outside of problems stalling because I did not do the 10 hour filter change till 35 hours it's been great. Btw, those 35 hours were not stop during the first storm last year.