1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JCB 407b Cpmpact Loader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by EPM, Feb 24, 2015.

1. EPM

EPM Member

JCB 407b compact loader. Cab, Heat, no A/C. 1 yard bucket. Have pallet forks if sold near asking price.
    Machine has been used by small landscape supply company loading mulch, topsoil, etc. and snow removal in the winter, and farm use before I purchased it. Pushes a 10' box no problem.
    Great Machine, Looking to upgrade to something newer with a faster travel gear to get between jobsites faster.
    $21,500.00 OBO

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

What year
    What type of trans and inside pics please

3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What's the speed on this machine?

4. EPM

EPM Member

It's a '99.
    Machine is full Hydro, trasns included.
    Two speed. Snail and Turtle. lol I think top is like 12.5mph.
    If we left the machine onsite it wouldn't bother me at all but roading 2.5 miles to its first job is getting old in a hurry and theres been a few times I could've used it around town but didn't have a trailer to haul it right away.

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

What type of bucket connection

6. EPM

EPM Member

JCB hook and pin style but I have an adapter for universal skid loader mount also.

7. EPM

EPM Member

New loader coming today. Must Go...

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I always figured the mini loaders went faster than what you said ,I can see what a pain it could be reading.
    What are you getting to replace that machine?

9. EPM

EPM Member

Its really not bad until I have to get to the other side of town and there's traffic. (Mind you, "town," isn't very large) Passing drivers have signaled I'm #1 more than once. If It was a machine I left onsite somewhere it wouldn't bother me in the least.
    Going to a Cat 906. Pretty close to the same size machine. Just around 10 more MPH, and man were those MPH expensive.

10. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I'm interested, but wasn't planning to spend quite that much until next season.

Feel free to email me at eksnowplowing@gmail.com if the price changes.

11. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Where is it located?

12. EPM

EPM Member

Jackson, MI

13. 512high

512high Senior Member

Post pics of new loader, we always love to look!

14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

cat's not cheap but the new loaders seam to have a lot of features on them. I was at the new England grows show a few weeks ago and they had a Volvo bl70 backhoe but it had everything on it with a sale price of $102K made my 580 case seam so old lol new stuff is not cheap.

15. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

How many hours on it? Are you firm on the price? The reason I am asking is that I searched these online trying to get an idea of what they are worth. 1999 models that are clean with around 3-4k hours are around 19,500. I have cash and am looking for a machine this week. thanks Give me a number to contact you.

16. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

3rd pic down 4581 it says for hours .

17. EPM

EPM Member

Still Available

18. 512high

512high Senior Member

WHAT YEAR 906 DID YOU GET? pICTURES?

19. EPM

EPM Member

Still available.

20. EPM

EPM Member

***PRICE DROP***** MACHINE NOW $20,000.00
    Or trade for non-cdl 5 yard dump truck of equal value.