1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JCB 185 Skidsteer Anyone use one?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by mrplowdude, Dec 19, 2005.

1. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I know this belongs in a different area but not many people always read that area.
    I'm looking at a JCB 185 robot skidsteer. Has anyone used one before. If so how do you like it. You enter it from the side. Its only got one arm. Its really different but looks good and intersting. Need opinions because I might move on it fast! below is a pic

1430773a.jpg

2. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

Looks pretty good. How many hours on it dude? 1100?

3. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

word on those is they work pretty well. if you beat on them too hard in rocks you will tear up the boom and the bushings quicker then a traditional steer. how it has been used, and who used it is more important then what the machine started as, as long as it is th right size for you.

4. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

it has 3000 hours. but it is the size I want and has a heated and enclosed cab

5. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

$11,000? been awhile since I bought a used one...

We have New Hollands. What you gonna use it in the summer for?

6. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

i will use it for various hardscaping and other projects. I usually rent a bobcat 773 twice a month through out the entire summer.