1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Japanese Mini Truck

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

Anybody here put a plow on one of those japanese mini trucks? I've bought a second one now and want to put a plow on for doing sidewalks. The plow must be fully adjustable from the cab and must stand up to real usage........This particular truck makes 40 stops on its route every snowfall.

Any other general comments about the mini trucks is welcome.

2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Started out in 1993 with an '88 Nissan p/u with a 6'6" Meyer. With the right tires and ballast, she plowed very well. Is this what you are refering to, or are you talking about those little, tiny jap utility trucks?

3. Gr8WhiteNorth

The tiny, tiny ones. I'm trying to locate a plow kit for one of them.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You might beable to get one of those 6' Boss plows that they put on the Polaris Ranger utility vehicle.

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I have a cushman "white truck" and wouldn't waste the time putting a plow on it. They work great in the summer, but park it in winter.

6. Gr8WhiteNorth

I need to outfit this little truck for sidewalks and maybe city driveways. Its the fastest clearing method I can think of that is street legal in canada. I've tried trailering bobcats, two speed skidsteers, snowblowers, sweepers.

7. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

8. Norway-importer

Norway-importer Junior Member
    from Norway

... as I said earlier before my post was removed - I have made mountingkits for all the Japanese minitrucks for Meyer since the early 90`s, and they are in the international specbook. You might not get them over there as Meyer doesn`t really follow up on the European deal these days. The kits are available for the Nissan Frontier from 99 - up, the Toyota HiLux 4x4 from 88 to 2005, Mazda from 1994 and up till this years model. If you want I got all the numbers and can send you the speclist if you don`t have access to the Meyer web - extranet site.
    Don`t hesitate to contact me if you need help with those - I know them all ;-)

Odd Arild Hoel
    Offroader and plower.... for years

9. Danimal

Danimal Junior Member

I think the Japanese K-trucks are an awesome option for mounting a plow on. There was a small dealer here in Wisconsin (Badgerland, I believe) that brought one out to demo at a local hunt club I frequent and it was pretty darn cool. When you compare the bang for the buck in the K-trucks, its hard to go wrong to be able to sit in a heated cab for $5K-$6K IMHO. I do know that the Blackline plows are pretty pricey but my uncle has a mitsubishi mini truck with a manual angle blackline plow and he loves it.

10. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Thanks Danimal.

The Blackline plows are all power-up/power-down via an actuator (with a max down-force of 500lbs). There are two types of Power angles available...light-duty and heavy-duty (they bill it as commercial duty).

All depends on if you want complete control of blade angle from inside your cab. If speed is your main issue, then its worth the extra $$$ IMHO.

11. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

Do you have any kits that apply to a 1995 Geo Tracker (Suzuki Sidekick) two door?

12. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I can get you plows for your Mini Trucks and the mounts to go with them.

About $1900 for the 72" Blackline Commercial Duty Power Angle shipped in the U.S.. They have down pressure and are all electric pnuematic cab controlled. I used to sell the Mini Trucks and plows they work great. Then depending on the truck the front mount will be around $200.

13. The Norwegian

The Norwegian Junior Member
    from Norway

I am sorry for the late answer.. We have not made kits for the small Zukies - but I guess it is available for Snoway through Germany.
    As the rules are in the US - nobody will rip your plates off if you make your own mount from a different small Japaneese truck.

14. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

I use a cycle country with a downpressure kit on my mitt. A good atv winch is all you need to raise or lower it...

15. ranger88den

Could you suggest a german website for the Snoway Suzuki plow mount. thanks

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  16. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Check Ebay I did see one that was in Ohio all setup with a plow, lights, and heat.

17. ranger88den

Thanks for the tip

18. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

Great thread, and just in time, as I just picked up one myself, for driveways/walkways. Hope it works out ok!!

28-4634a.jpg

19. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Shep... it will work just fine for you and you'll be happy with the results. Just make sure the front receiver mount is installed properly where you will attach the plow. That is the key and an area that folks have had problems with in the past due to improper installation. Looks like a nice, clean lil Subaru from the picture.

Let me know if you need any help with your new toy!

20. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member