1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jap Mini truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Jan 8, 2011.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

This thing is pushing some serious snow, too bad it is not full hydro.

Mini Truck
  2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

There is actually a few of those around Atlantic Canada, they've been exporting these little trucks in for a while now.

I saw one listed for sale at a used car lot, it was a 95 Subaru Sambar. Add said it was 4x4, 50 plus mpg (4 cyl). It weighs 1400 lbs. They are asking seven grand for it.
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

there is a member here thats his buissness . he just did a custom snow blower install and salt spreader on the back.
  4. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I see quite a few up my way too..would be a good side walk rig..and a two man crew
  5. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

would be an awesome sidewalk truck
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I was gonna get one to put in the back of my truck as a back up.LOL
  7. there is a guy in halifax here that imports them and sells them on kijiji.. with plows.. ive always wondered how well they actually work but they look to be fairly impressive!!!

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

badgerland is our dealer on here very impressive truck. his vid was right below the one you posted
  9. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

you can get full hydro plows for them. i don't know if you can get them with an automatic but they have a nice little 4 speed in them
  10. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

if that plow was fully hydraulic it would be pretty sweet little rig
  11. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

put one of them small boss vee plows on them
  12. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

Any reason why I would buy a small USED Jap Mini truck vs something like a Kubota RTV that is new, has parts available and nearby dealers / service centers?

Hell, I cant think of too many good reasons to buy a Mini Truck or Utility Veh over a decent compact tractor with an enclosed cab, or a used Bobcat. If all you do all year long is snow removal then maybe a mini truck could make sense. But if your a landscaper or in construction 8-10 months out of the year (like many of us) I cant see why you would spend $5-10k on one of these.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  13. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

and you wana buy a kubota tractor at there prices. ? :laughing:

thats your opinion on this but you got to look at it this way also. thay are getting big in the us. but yes there not over here in the new england area as much yet.
  14. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

id love to have one too, but since ya cant title em or license them for street use...theyre worthless.
  15. mikemyers13

mikemyers13 Junior Member

You can make street legal some of the UTV's I have a 2011 Gator 825i thats plated & insured & Boss UTV plow.
    I drive it everywhere!
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  16. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

do you have pictures?
  17. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Actually, there are two dealers in and around the small Village of Chester, Nova Scotia. Here is one:

I dare say there are more dealers than one would think....

18. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Most of the places I've seen with these things and the places they make the most sense at are schools/colleges and municipalities. They had a few at the University of Colorado when I was in school there and the park district has something similar. I worked for the park district and I would much rather use one of these than the Toro cart we had. I've also seen them at malls.
  19. woodhe

woodhe Inactive

mini trucks

14K new, 4wd, ac, ps, 5 speed, lo-high range, locking diff. Automatic trans available, 2 year, 36,000 mi. warranty. Used starting around 5k for 4wd, 3k for 2wd.

They come with available dump boxes, box trucks, topper style caps, utility contractor boxes, all hyd. plows, 5' blowers, sweeper units, scissor lift/dump, hyd. dumpster/tipper that will dump into a roll-off, tracks for deep snow/mud, etc.etc.

Street legal in ALL STATES (new only in most States) but may be speed limited depending where you live.

ALL parts available, easy to maintain. If your handy, you can change a clutch in two hrs.

dan pm me

'95 Honda Auto 72 dpi2.jpg

broom truck002.jpg

`10_22_09 72 dpi12.jpg

tracked Suz. 72dpi grooming002.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  20. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I have wondered about that. What do you have to do? I think that would be pretty fun...most of the time.