1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jan 2nd Storm In Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by F150dash, Jan 2, 2008.

1. F150dash

F150dash Member

This was the fourth storm since last Thursday to hit us with more then 15 cms. We have gotten about 80+ cms since last thursday. Here are a couple pics from tonight.

IMG00035.jpg

IMG00028.jpg

IMG00032.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good, what did you stack them with

15 cm = 5.9 inches
    80 cm = 31.5 inches

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

look at those piles send some down my way lol

4. F150dash

F150dash Member

Stacked them with my F150 and a snowbear plow, I know your all laughing but it works great and as long as u take it easy it does a nice job.

5. cicnykid

cicnykid Junior Member
    from Cicny

how do you like that snowbear plow?

6. F150dash

F150dash Member

I love it had it for 2 years now on 2 different trucks and it works great. Much better then sitting my butt on a cold 4 wheeler....

7. cabinfevrr

cabinfevrr Junior Member
    from Yukon

my step-father had one on two trucks and loved it. he sold it unfortunately, when he moved into the city.

anyway, i'm thinking of getting a snowbear, and thought i'd ask your opinion. ( you seem to be one of the few to praise them) do you do people's driveways with your plow? is it a pain to manually change angle? any wear and tear to speak of? their website says you can't take the thing on a highway, wonder if you worry about it falling off or anything.

i'm moving from the yukon to nova scotia next year. your plow holds up well apparently with all the snow you are getting over there!! we're looking at buying in the lunenberg / bridgewater / liverpool south shore region.

8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

too bad that snow all rained off, but another 20-25 for us down here in the valley :redbounce

i've seen some guys use the snow bears on trackers for clean up and small driveways, as a comercial rig. they all had more trouble breaking the trucks then the plow.

the yukon to NS, quite a change there eh. i'll give ya an early welcome to the province. good luck house hunting on the south shore ( i'm in the valley, directly across the province)

9. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Well be sure to look me up. I live in Chester Grant. Chester Grant is about 20K or so from Lunenburg. Shouldn't have too much trouble in finding a house, at least where I am. See houses for sale all the time.

10. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Ya, we get a light dusting here followed by rain :cry:

Where abouts in the valley are you? I grew up in Middleton, but moved in '78. Spent from then till 2002 in Halifax, then moved to Chester Grant in '02.

11. F150dash

F150dash Member

I do a total of 5 drives with it.3 are paved and 2 are gravel. It works really well, can be a pain to angle but for the drives I do It is mostly straight pushes anyway. So far it has handled anything that I can throw at it. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it came with a strap that raises and lowers it using a winch and the straps don't last long. So I ended up putting a chain on it and it works really well with that. As for driving with it, I never worry about it falling off. I keep it up tight when I drive because it has a lot of play when it isn't tight (floats). If you have the money for a $4000+++ plow then that is the way to go but I didn't have that so I went with this and to be honest I couldn't be happier. If something i.e. strap breaks it is a cheap fix, whereas if your pump or something goes on the more expensive plows then it will cost alot more. Plus I had to buy a new truck to fit the family in. Went from a Reg cab to a Supercab. Oh and we don't usually get this much snow at least not in the last five years, So it wasn't worth the money to get the more expensive one. If you are doing residentails it is great. I don't do parking lots but I am sure that it would be fine for those as well.
    That area of the province is amazing you will love it there.

12. cabinfevrr

cabinfevrr Junior Member
    from Yukon

thanks for all the replies, you've made my mind in plow choice. i have a 1990 bronco II, so weight is a slight issue, however i have some 2'' lifted coils i can pop in the front. wow, the nova scotians come out of the woodwork, eh? we are looking at a property in west dublin right now...fingers crossed...

my fiancee's parents live in west caledonia, north queens. her father works for kejimkujik park as well. her sister lives in beaverbank, but they want to move to liverpool to be closer to mum / dad. the wedding is in august, at the mersey river chalets, but we're heading over to n.s. in late june, early july...i'll be sure to look you fellers up!!

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Send that snow down to NJ- we got the boot again today :cry::realmad::cry:

14. theonlybull

small world, we've got a camp that's a few miles from calidonia.

i'm in clementsport, and the wife is from middleton.

we've got a small machine shop here,(Keith Berry & son ltd) drop by if yer ever in our neck of the woods

nice lil' storm comeing down now. we've got a couple 3 "'s down, and 6-8" coming overnight.

my old man has a 6'6" fisher on a 77 bronco, talk about a sweet lil machine for tight driveways. might try and grab a couple pics tomorrow tymusic

15. cabinfevrr

cabinfevrr Junior Member
    from Yukon

no kidding small world. you probably know my future in-laws, they've lived on the west caledonia road for like 27 years, and her mother is a retired schoolteacher. i know her mother's father owned the caledonia hardwood company, and the family still has the farm, a quarter section towards lake rossignal...and also property on menchan lake...do you know these people?

are you theonlybull from mbn.net by any chance?

16. theonlybull

i can't say i know them, but my father may

yuppers. same theonlybull :drinkup: to mbn another great board

17. theonlybull

here's a couple from today
    one's looking at our lower shop
    second is our 77 bronco
    third is our "new" plow truck 86 f-250 w/ 351w 4bbltymusic

snow jan 15 2008 003.jpg

snow jan 15 2008 007.jpg

snow jan 15 2008 009.jpg

18. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

nice bobtail there...i'll bet it pushes nice: nod:

19. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

I had one on my Jeep Wrangler and for the price of the plow, you couldn't beat it. You learn how to plow with the blade in the same position so that you don't have to get out and change it. All in all, easy install and low cost. You just have to realize that it's not a bulldozer.

20. theonlybull

you got that right. she's been plowing for us since '82 . it's amazing how much that lil truck will push