1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jacobsen Imperial 26

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by marelmore, May 10, 2010.

1. marelmore

marelmore Junior Member

I picked up a free jacobsen imperial 26 2 stage heavy duty yesterday... said "wont start" but got it started in 30 minutes only needed starter fluid and it runs great... anyone know anything about these snowblowers? i cant find anything online... all i have found is that it's the 7hp (50620 model) anyway does anyone know if this is a good blower or how common it is?

2. Jake_MN

Jake_MN Junior Member

Well built machines, especially the pre-Homelite versions. Parts are tricky to find. But there are still plenty of complete units floating around, so you may be able to locate a parts machine.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I see that both of you are from MN...where about?

4. Jake_MN

Jake_MN Junior Member

NW metro here. Just outside the 494/694 loop along I94

5. marelmore

marelmore Junior Member

edina, near 35W and 62

6. Jake_MN

Jake_MN Junior Member

marelmore,
    they really are good machines. I played with one a few years ago and it was built like a brick s-house. the single stage snowburst machines jacobsen made were also very robust machines, but the carb setup made them a huge PITA. Jacobsen built good stuff, but there is virtually no parts support with the exception of routine wear items like the belts, scraper bar. etc. Fortunately the L-Head tecumsehs that normally came on the Jake have widespread parts availability. So if the frame, drivetrain and auger/impeller assembly is in decent shape it could be worth holding on to.