1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Rcgm, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I was just wondering how many of you guys get all pumped up to hook up the snoway and once you get everything all hooked up lights are on you are happy as hell to go plow.Then you put the truck in gear and start to drive of and forget to raise that damn paw up.Does this happen to any of you or is it just me? Happens every time. I always wonder what is that noise aw crap I say.LOL

2. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Don't know anything about the Snoway, but I realize from your post that it's nice for Western to have integrated raising the "feet" into the latching mechanism. In know way am I criticizing Snoway, I'm just saying that I never really thought too much about it until I read your post.

One time, I didn't latch one of the pedestals properly and it did drag and break off:mad: So, I can relate.
  3. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Yup. I've forgotten to raise the jackstand. It has happened to me once or twice but I chalk it up to inexperience on my part. The more time I spend mounting/unmounting the plow (that almost sounds dirty) the more "versed" I become in following the steps required.

When I first bought the plow and got home, I couldn't even unmount it properly and this forum rescued me. Now that I've been around the block a few times, I'm getting pretty good at lining up the plow for the initial mount.

Some folks here use dollies to wheel the plow to the mount. I think that's cool, but I'm finding that I have no problems now lining things up by sight. I have no use or need for dollies.
    It's almost becoming second nature now.

But next winter? After several months of spring, summer and fall, and not using the plow at all? I'll probably forget the frigging jackstand again!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Play with them every day and you can still forget. I sheared the top pin off the jack on a demo blade this fall. Spent the day taking the sucker on and off, off and on, at a trade show, admonishing people about remembering to raise the jack foot. hopped in the truck to go home, on the way out of the parking lot I heard a grinding thump.:blush2: Knew what it was the minute it happened, but that was a minute to late.:eek: thankfully you don't need the top pin to hold the jack up.
  5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I do it all the time, even after 3+ years. The only reason i havent busted it right off is 1 luck, 2 my plow is on a cabover and she rides way high.
  6. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Backed out of my driveway a couple of months ago (mine is on quite an incline) an hit that sucker!! Made a nice 2 foot gouge in a 3 month old driveway.

I have now tightened the bolt it swivels on so it stays in a permanently up position!!
  7. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I had a feeling I wasn't the only one.I have placed a post it note in my route folder.I don't leave the office without that folder so soon as I here snow I put that post it note on my dashboard and it always reminds me.Kinda funny when I forget to take the note off and friends say what the heck is jackstand.LOL