1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jackstand rubbing on hydrulic piston

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lucky13rme, Feb 15, 2007.

1. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

Does anybody else have a problem with the jackstand rubbing on the the piston. I got a little spot were the paint is scraped away. Just wondering what some might have to done to correct this.

2. QCS

QCS Junior Member

Same issue here.... Does not seem to damage the cylinder, just a little scratch on the cylinder. I was just thinking after time it might "dig" into the side of the cylinder. By the way I have a 8' Super Duty straight blade. Hope we get an answer?

3. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

Yeah, that was my concern too, that over time it would dig into the cylinder.

4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I just pull the leg off and put it in the truck.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

stand scrape

this was a problem with the earlier boss plows,they seamed to have it corrected for the most part.i know a man with one put on in 1997 it scrape's,but is still going strong!he ride's it hard and puts it away wet,on a 94 f250 diesel this guy is a road warrior! don't worry it wont fail