1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jackson Hole Wyoming

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Team_Arctic, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

So this is going to be a loaded question. My fiance and I have been talking for some time now about moving to the west (I currently Live in Wisconsin) She has recently been laid off from her job and has started to push the issue. My question would be... what kind of market is there for snow and grass care out there.... I am currently running 2 one tons 2 skid loaders 1 loader and 1 tandem county truck. I also have a bunch of lawn crap. My target income would be in the 200-250k range. does the area have the need for more crews? I know this would be a hard question to answer especially if this is your area. Im just trying to decide if I want to try to sell all my iron if we decide to move or if i drag it all across the country with me.

any input would be helpful

SMLCAT Member

Don't know about the market per se but that is high dollar country out there.

The locals refer to it as Jackson (no hole)...;-)

It is one of the most beautiful area of the country...I'm jelous!
  3. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Heard the same thing, suppose to be high dollar land these days. I'm looking at either az or the carolinas because I tried of the cold which makes hell on my arthrites.
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Jackson is (mostly) very high dollar. Lots of regular snowfall, plenty of plowing to be done. Unlike many places in the east, packed lots or roads are often the norm since its quite cold for a long, steady time. I have family there, and considered moving to Jackson a few years ago. Did Colorado instead;

Small town though. Few opportunities, lots of 'good ol boys' clubs. Take some cash to support you until you can get your business up and running; it could take you a few years. Grass grows in the summers, and it is beautiful there, but a fairly short season.