1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jack won't work need help asap!!!!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by F150dash, Dec 10, 2009.

1. F150dash

F150dash Member

Does anyone have any pics of the jack in place, I can't get mine to sit in the holes and crank as the lift cylinder is in the way. Thanks and it's an MD75

2. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

I'm having the same problem with mine, cant figure it out.

3. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I don't know if I'll be much help since I only have mine a few days. I took it off yesterday due to a truck problem. You have to make sure that when you set it into the hole you turn the jack slightly so the jack handle sets in front of the lift arm. That's the only way to get enough clearence to crank the handle. MIne went in with no trouble and once I rotated it there was clearence for the crank. The crank should be between the plow and the lift frame.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The jacks goes in, rotates a bit to lock in, and should clear everything. The chains must be slack (you never want to take the plow off without the chains being slack).

5. F150dash

F150dash Member

Thanks Scott, I will give it a try. Can you switch the jack handle to the opp side of the jack, it seems like mine is backwards, just wondering. Thanks again. Also, the angle cylinder should hold it straight when plowing? They seem to float on me. Any help is great.

6. F150dash

F150dash Member

Scott, that worked for the jack, got it off the truck. Thanks. I wasn't getting enough slack on the chain. Just wondering about the angle cylinders floating, maybe there is air in the system and I should bleed it? Wondering what you think.

7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I would guess air. it should work itself out. you can bleed them, but you shouldn't need to.

8. F150dash

F150dash Member

Thanks again Scott, glad I bought a snowdogg with you on here, didn;t get a lot of info from the dealer as they were rushing and very busy last night when I picked up my truck. Snow had just started and guys were rushin in and out. I am very excited to have this plow. hope it last along time.