1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jack will not work

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by dawg948, Oct 24, 2009.

1. dawg948

dawg948 Junior Member
    from Mass

just bought a used sno-pro 3000,good condition,got everything to work except the jack, using the switch does nothing, it is stuck in the up position,any help would be appreciated..

2. JDT

JDT Member

Not sure if you have tried this, or know, but in order to operate the hydraulic jack to operate the up/down controls must be set down on "float". If you haven't tried that, I would give it a shot.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Also make sure the switch on your joystick is on. (and the plow plugged to your truck, but that should be obvious)

4. dawg948

dawg948 Junior Member
    from Mass

Float position did it, jack raises how ever I now have a new problem, the jack wont hold plow up and iam now leaking oil somewhere from the bottom of the plow, all hose connections look good,looks like from the very bottom of motor..

5. JDT

JDT Member

Maybe drain plug is not tight? That's a new one, i'm not sure what to try other than that....at least the float position worked though! Best of luck, keep us posted.

6. dawg948

dawg948 Junior Member
    from Mass

found the leak, and excuse my lack of terminology but the jack stand did hold frame up, i unscrewed the motor from the frame and looked underneath, the leak is from the point where the aluminum block(where hoses connect) mounts to the motor,is there a gasket there(hopefully),all allen head screws are tight,THANKS AGAIN..

7. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Maybe this will help

curtis.jpg

8. dawg948

dawg948 Junior Member
    from Mass

Thanks alot jrjr2u, helps alot

9. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Welcome, Glad to help :D