1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jack troubles

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Mike57, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I was wondering if anyone had problems getting the jack into the plow? It seems like the jack is too long. The lowest bolt holes on the mount are being used. Would moving the mount up one set of holes help?

2. npi9181

npi9181 Member

moving the mount up will help and or leveling kit also. What kind of truck is it on

3. Mike57

Mike57 Member

The MD75 is on a Chevy silverado crewcab 1500. The mount for this truck sits too low in my opinion. I had troubles today with snow jamming the lever that locks out the lift when the jack is in place. I was backdragging 6-7 inches of powder.

4. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

What year truck? Ours is a 2004 extended cab. The mount seems low is right. We hit curbs when parking the truck at malls.We have timbrens in the front also. We never had trouble like you though.

5. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I have a 2008 Silverado. I guess the backdrag issue was just biting off more that the plow can chew. It is not a chronic issue.

6. Dchambers1

Dchambers1 Junior Member

Silverados are ment to ride nice like a caddy, so they will sit lower than the "others". I would install ballast in the bed, put 4-5 cranks on t-bars install timbrens if you havent already, and put a pin in the piston lock bar to keep it from jumping up.

7. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I like the "caddy"ride. I sit in the cab plowing while my "guy" does all the shoveling and sno-blowing :)....and I pay him $35 under the table for all his effort! I love that guy!

I have the sno-thrower and buckets of sand in for ballast. The buckets seem like they weigh 2 tons when I put them in....but are probably about200 lbs. I should pony up for the timbrends and a back-drag blade. I will try pining the lever and I knowI will forget it when I install the jack.