1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jack switch

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by BREW461, Dec 22, 2010.

1. BREW461

BREW461 Junior Member

Hey guys. The jack switch on my Sno pro is DONE. is there any reason I can't replace it with any standard On/Off/On switch? I don't like the price tag on it a whole lot.
  2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

The jack switch is water proof and has a jumper in the switch to retract the jack when lifting the plow.Any questions call 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.
  3. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i went all last winter with just blocking up my plow, cuz i was too cheap to put a switch on, this year i put a new switch on (yes a curtis switch) it saves me alot of head aches.
  4. BREW461

BREW461 Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. I noticed what looked like electrical corrosion pretty thick around the mounting location for the switch. Does that switch ground to the A-frame?
  5. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

i cant remember what wires go to the jack switch, but if there is an orange one, then thats where it gets it ground, if not, then it gets a ground from the a frame, if the switch is even grounded at all, pretty sure it just works like a 3 way switch though.