1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jack problems

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by rockdog, Oct 10, 2008.

1. rockdog

rockdog Junior Member
    from Utah

I just hooked up my used snowpro 3000 that I bought off a guy last spring. Two problems have shown up so far. 1- The jack comes out and lifts just fine, but retracts as soon as I let off the switch. I couldn't find an answer in the manual for this problem.
    2- When I lift the plow. It wants to turn a little to the right while trying to lift.It acts like it's struggling to lift the plow. He gave me a touch pad controller with the plow. Not sure if this might be a controller problem? I think I'd like a joystick better, but this is my first plow so I'm not sure if it would be a better controller.:help:
    Thanks, Phil
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

cant help with the rest but i think you will like your touch pad better i would give it a try:nod:
  3. gkm

gkm Senior Member

i use the touch pad it's easy to use. have had the plow for four years now now probllems with it. did have regular maintance done on it. Good luck

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Take the cover off and inspect the fluid levels and such. Drain the fluid and inspect the screens for dirt and rust. More than likely it is an sitting issue. Inspect all the connecters and plugs and add some electricial grease to the connections.

5. rockdog

rockdog Junior Member
    from Utah

I'll give these a try tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.
  6. rockdog

rockdog Junior Member
    from Utah

Ok, I took the pump out and emptied it out. Cleaned out the reservoir. Cleaned out the solenoids. The lift function takes three tries to get the blade all the way up. The jack goes down, but the blade tries to turn while the switch is pushed to lift. And the jack still retracts when I let off the jack switch.:cry: But one thing got way better. The left and right angle functions are way faster now,:)
    I think I better call the Curtis tec line. Cause this is driving me nuts.