1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jack lift switch??

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by dirt digger, Dec 18, 2010.

1. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

So i bought an older Curtis (early 2000's if I had to guess). Put a dual plug harness on it, wired my truck, put the mount on and everything.

Went to hook it up and the jack worked perfectly, got it on the truck...tried it out and it works great

when i went to take it off the truck the jack would not go down...hit the switch and nothing, the motor didn't run or anything

Could have the switch went bad as soon as I got it on the truck or am I doing something wrong? I am new to curtis so I want to make sure I am not just doing a stupid mistake before I replace the switch too

the controller was hooked up, the switch was on and like i said everything else was working just not the switch to take it off

its not a huge deal because I can use a bottle jack if the valve or something is shot, but since the pump motor didn't even run when I hit the switch I suspect its something in the switch?

Any idea?
  2. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

Your controller has to be in float for the jack leg switch to work
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

haha that very well might be the problem...thanks for that...saves me a jack switch!!

I will have to try that out tomorrow