1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

J&R Landscaping snow pictures

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by J&R Landscaping, Jan 11, 2009.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Here's a few from last night (1-10). We got hit with less then an inch in the morning and then another 1/2-3/4 of an inch later at night. It was mainly a salt storm but a couple customers did want the snow pushed. Sorry for the picture quality, these are from my cell phone.

1-10-09 action shots 001.jpg

1-10-09 action shots 002.jpg

1-10-09 action shots 003.jpg

1-10-09 action shots 004.jpg

2. amilehighplowin

amilehighplowin Junior Member

Nice pics....where were the wings at?

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice pics....what kind of salter?

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics jr:waving:

Glad you got to push snow

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats about all I got to push too! Did alot of salting today

6. J&R Landscaping

A 50Lb earthway wb spreader. Most of my lots are either residential or small comercial so its an ok set-up for now.

I bought the plow used and it came with the wings. I have the wings at home. I've only used them 1 time last season.

Tim, how much snow did you get?

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like fun. I like that truck too.

8. J&R Landscaping

There not plow shots but shots from outside the house. Its still not sticking much and its been snowing since 11:30am or so.

1-19-09 random shots 002.jpg

1-19-09 random shots 003.jpg

1-19-09 random shots 004.jpg

9. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

nothing serious up this way. Headed to the shop soon, get salt and salt my lots. Gonna back pack blow the sidewalks too. Did you get anything yesterday? Got caught off guard here (thought it was gonna be a salt only event) with 1-2" and ended up plowing everyone.

10. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Did you actually get paid for "pushing" That. I thought I was bad!

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have got paid to push that sometimes even a bit less. Mainly for steep driveway customers. Not commercial lots

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  12. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Lucky you, I would have a tough time collecting just for treating that! Were you wearing sneakers that day? LOL

13. J&R Landscaping

Yes. Customer called and asked if I could come out and I said sure.
    I had them on earlier that day. A pair of AVIA cross training/running shoes with pretty decent tread on them.

Yesterday didn't bring much. We got about 3/4" or so. I got a good amount of salting done. I was surprised though as the weather said stray flurries. It started snowing at 11:30 or so and didnt stop till a bit after 5pm.

14. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah we got squat too the other day. Salting like crazy though 2-3x per location.

I had to plow ONE place up in ewing that had just enough to have to move some out of the parking lots before salting... sucked, wasted my time if not anything else having to go get the plow for one place.

15. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I would give up pushing and run all sanders if I could, more profit in that for sure, and the customers are not screaming for it to be done, yet hardley ever complain