1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ive used the search feature, but found nothing...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 7d9_z28, Aug 30, 2011.

1. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

I have a Meyer ez mount setup on my 1/2ton silverado. I know EVERYBODY hates meyer and etc... but suppose i found a decent Fisher trip edge blade, could i make it work with my meyer setup? just some fabricating?

i WANT to just sell my meyer setup and get a fisher... im buying a house and the wifes in college and my 79 camaro z28 needs some attention, so i cant outright buy a whole new plow.

just curious if it would be a complete waste of time or if i could pull it off:confused:

thanks
    alec

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The easiest thing to do is buy a Meyer Diamond trip edge blade.

3. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Ive not come across one of those

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It would be cheaper to buy a complete used plow, but what is so wrong with your Meyer?

5. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

well im having trouble locating a complete setup.. and when i do find one, i dont have the money, because my meyer hasnt sold.

its not that there is something wrong with my meyer. it works great never gives me any trouble. its more for convenience that i want a trip edge. the majority of the plowing i do is uneven driveways, uneven lots, and alot of driveways/lots that are gravel but have cement slabs, that my blade trips on and :mad: stop my truck:realmad: my meyer has been a great plow but for what i do, i would rather have a trip edge...

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Mercer is right your best option would be a Diamond. They're around.:nod:

7. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

well if anyone knows of one for a decent price or willing to trade for my blade, let me know please! just put in a bid on a house today (our first house!)