1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I've upgraded.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Picked this up today off craigslist.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going to be nice compared to my current box.
    [​IMG]

Delta Champion that's not big enough.

Plans are to fix the starting surface rust, paint it black and get some new decals.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! should look sharp black.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't see the white looking good on my truck. Black bed rail caps and the backrack and then a huge white toolbox.

4. WilliamOak

Yeah, my original thought was leave it white. Don't think it'd look right. how much smaller is your old one compared to this one?

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Weatherguard: 71Lx28Wx18D
    Delta: 71Lx20Wx14D. (approx, very quick measuring earlier)

6. WilliamOak

Are you going to have to get some new brackets to mount the weatherguard box or are you gonna fab your own? (arent the backrack brackets only 21" long, assuming that is what you have)

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to make some of my own. I probably will have to have this box sit a bit higher anyway to clear the fender wells. Unless I put a peice of rubber on the bottom front corners of the box and set them right on the wheel wells. The box is to big for my truck but I'm going to make it fit, they were built to work better in long beds.

8. WilliamOak

would the current brackets fit the box if you didnt have to raise it to clear the fenders? If they would then I'd gladly take them off your hands if you don't want them anymore.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

No, they won't fit. My friend has the toolbox extensions on his backrack and he has the diamond plate version like you have and his extensions are way to short. They are perfect for my current box but no worky for your box or mine.

10. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

just cut a couple of aluminum blocks out of square stock. it takes five minuts and a lot less money than dishinig 50 bucks to backrack for there overpriced accessories

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. If my backrack didn't have those extensions on it when I bought it used I would have made my own or made some other type of device to hold my toolbox there.

12. WilliamOak

^I'll give that a shot, I had completly forgot you mentioned that before. Can't wait to see some finished pics mark!

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It should be on the truck by next weekend. Depends on how much time I have off work to get the rust fixed and it painted. And figure out my mounting deal with it.

14. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

those box I really want one but it seem everyone want more money for that if it rust.

Did you get key to lock that?

If it was me I would feel comfy bolt that to bed so no one could steal it. It seem that you love that truck than anyone. I say that truck is nice plus that box on it make look it tougher now.

have you consider put heavy duty rear bumper that you saw lot farm truck have that thick bumper that won't bent. It look cool.

I don't know but black on that box seem ugly to me not you. I think white is ok but it your opinion. maybe it good time use fluid film to spray seam, hinge, and put on surface so it won't rust fast.

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The one lock is broke and I totally forgot to ask for a key for the other (whoops). It has steel clasps on the end though which is what I would use instead to lock it. And it will get pinned down in my bed, I don't need it sliding around when I feel the need to play race car driver. I'll toss it on my truck before I paint it to see how it looks but I think it would be better black. I think the big white toolbox would look weird with the black backrack and bed rail covers.
    I've seen a few of those dmi bumpers but the problem is they are hard to find with a reciever hitch setup instead of just a normal tongue. If I could find a dmi with a cushioned extending/swinging 2" reciever channel I'd be all over it.

Knaack/Weatherguard are made about 20 minutes from me so I just might have to stop in there and see what a new lock and some keys would cost.

16. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I am sure it be under $30 for those lock.

I know what you mean about dmi bumper. I know lot of those at junkyard but problem I can't use hitch that mount on frame because bumper is long it be block hitch receiver.

What you put stuff in there? tools?

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's full of tools, tie downs, chains, cans/bottles of stuff ( wd40, pb blaster, brake cleaner, oils, etc).

I need to find somewhere else to put the chains, come-along, and the shovel and 8lb maul that are normally in there also.

Edit, give me 2 months and I'll be looking for a contractors cap :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I have a real deep diamond plate toolbox on mine, i used that DIY spray on bedliner on it and it came out awesome....considering you did that to the bottom of your truck it would really tie the theme together :)

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I thought about that but the stuff just went off sale on sunday :realmad:. I'll probably just go gloss black and I can always bedliner it a different time.

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You had me all concerned when I read your thread title Mark....

Thought you gave up on "Piggy" and bought a truck. :D