1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I've reached my boiling point!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm sure every one is in the same boat this time of year. Between trying to get the last bit of leaves sucked up, employee's not showing up or late to family at the last minute "can you come suck up my leaves, it will only take a few minutes....yeah right!" to loading salt into our storage container with a dumb arss semi truck parked 7ft from the door to figuring out how these stupid BOSS wings go on the plow (in rainy crappy weather) to again, brother in law calling 3 times today already "when ya coming down" to driving and meeting my Wife 1hr away at a church to appease my in laws to .....should I go on?lol That was just 2 days worth! HAD to vent! I need a beer!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You need to sit down,get a pizza, drink some good beer and watch a little football and get back to work tomorrow. Have a better week.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Maybe more then one!... Delegate and don't be affraid to say no to people... it will keep you sane, trust me!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. leon

leon Senior Member

whoopsie

Is a Cold Schlitz or Yeungling Air Drop preferred? and is the roof of the container marked with a Bulls Eye for the flying monkeys delivery service?:laughing:

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Sounds like you better skip the beer and go right to my favorite . A captain and 7-up , I call it a " seven shipwrecks " lol . I pretty sure were all in the same boat :dizzy:

6. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I feel what your saying ......No end in sight

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Ive been there hang in there!

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i was having issues like that about 2 months ago, so i ended up telling a bunch of "users" in my life to screw off, dropped the girlfriend (who was driving me nuts), and did a renovation on my house that i have been wanting to do for a long time now. I feel so much better.

9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Just take a breathe and simplify things

No you cant go to church the game is on. Emplyees that are late can be replaced. Family member want leafs picked they are last on the liist, paying customers come first. Put your foot down

10. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

stressfull time of year.so much to do and so little time to do it.

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I know how it is to feel overwhelmed but whenever I feel that way I think about all the people who wake up every day with nothing to do. I'm thankful to not be one of them.

12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

ive got the yeungling all ready to go!:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

....and yet you still have time for PS...suck it up!

14. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

X2.. That's what I do. Funny thing is my wife hates it when I work 14 hour days, but cries when the checks aren't piling up. The fall to winter switch is by far the worst part. Good luck.

15. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

There is always time for plow site. That's why crack Berries were invented.

16. Brian Young

Oh ok, sorry for allowing 15 minutes of free time in between the rain shower's. LOL I'll get right back to work!

17. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Brian, instead of drinkin' Labatts tonite....why don't ya try the real thing! ;) :cool:

buenas_noches_corona.jpg

18. Brian Young

LOL, I might switch it up! I might even break out the Molson Canadien's

19. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

This so true...be thankful

20. Brian Young

Yeah, this is true. I know a few guys badly looking for work.