1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Its time for a change...... F150 style

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by FeelLikeANumber, Apr 20, 2008.

1. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

Couple quick thought's / questions.

Anybody plow with a Ford f150? Feel free to send pics or suggestions on plow options. I'm looking to buy a 99 f150 lariat from a family member, and hopefully by fall put a plow on it. It will be my work truck as long as daily driver...(I'm getting sick of having a car for the summer and a truck for the winter and paying for both) Any positives or negatives about that truck/year would be helpful also.. I've been looking at some of the snow way plows and have been quoted a good price on those, but it's spring and I'm sure they want to sell them cheap just to clear room on the sales floor. I currently drive an 89 Jimmy with a meyer 6.5 plow and the truck took a sh1t on me, so I've got experience plowing, I just want a bigger plow and bigger truck but I dont want to go overboard on either aspect. With gas prices the way they are I dont want to kill my wallet each week.

Any thoughts/suggestions/ or random stories are appreciated, Thanks.
  2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

I used to plow with an 04 f150. When I had my 2000 f150, I had a hard time finding anyone that would talk to me about a plow for it. I have seen a number of plows on them. Snoway, Curtis, Meyer, Western and even Boss V's. The Snoway and Curtis will be the lightest for the truck, which is what you should look at. The Boss Sport Duty would also be a good plow.
  3. fastlx

fastlx Junior Member

I just put a new 7.6 LD/sd fisher on my 98 f150 4.6 reg cab long box. I also put in a set of timbrens on the front. Very happy with the set up. And the timbrens are great. They were a little tricky to install but patience pays off. Raise the plow and the front of the truck stays put. No nose dive. As far as mpg, I get about 18 on the hwy.
  4. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i dont have a ford 1/2 ton but i have a chevy 1/2 ton...the only problem ive had so far is they sit lower then the 3/4 ton trucks so a couple times i have gotten caught up on some snow under the truck but got out...no really stuck so far, nock on wood lol....but i have a western standard unimount 7'6'' but i would say go red with a western standard 7'6''....good luck man