1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's the BIG ONE!! Are you ready??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John143, Nov 26, 2012.

1. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Just got back to the office and turned the news on. It's looking like our first storm here in NEPA, only calling for 1 to 3 but that's enough to get the plows on and the salt in the trucks.

We got new snow doggs this year. I like the looks of them and the stainless steel but the hook up is far from great. I only hooked up my 8 footer one time and it took a good 20 min's.

Are the rest of you guys around my area getting the plows on? Speaking the plow... I need to get off my ass and get my doggie on.... Thumbs Up

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Oooohhhhh.....you mean your SnowDogg :laughing:. Make sure to post some storm pics. We're in need of some new material in that section.

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

good luck, I hope you get some snow. looks like I got to wait another 36hrs before the next system rolls in, I just hope its cold enough to be snow & not rain.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Same storm is gonna bring me headaches. Some are saying up to an inch, others are saying 1-3" :mad:
    But hey, good luck to you easterners.

5. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

im not a meteorologist BUT , im forecasting 0-3" .
    forgot to mention , i dont plow grassy surfaces

6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

20 mins!?

I have 2 9.5ft v from snow dogg and I can hook it up in under 5 mins. You must be doing something wrong, even our 1980 plow from fisher doesnt take that long!

good luck, stay safe!

7. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Fair
    32°F
    0°C
    Humidity59%
    Wind SpeedE 5 mph
    Barometer30.19 in (1023.1 mb)
    Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
    Visibility10.00 mi
    Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
    Last Update on 26 Nov 9:04 pm EST

Right at 32 and the low is going to be 26. Im sure the snow will stick on more then just the grass. I could be wrong......

8. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

one inch of slush here. But you never know..

9. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

I think part of the problem is our gravel lot. That jack stand always sinks into the ground. I have to make some sort of a plat with a push thru pin to hold it from sinking. perhaps, if we don't get anything snow wise, I may make something flat to put on the bottom of the jack.

10. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

I wish it would snow here :(

tho i still gotta mount my back blade, replace a valve, figure out why my left bright dont work. and figure soemthing out with one one of hte screws on my pump housing not going in.

oh, and clean my truck.

11. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Ill agree with the 20 min attachment on the snow dogg. Not a good system. everything has to be dead nuts laser perfect. Not a fan at all the old mm1 fishers were better. Love the plow but jesus pull my effin hair out on the hook up!!

12. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

the local weather forecast had snow covering the entire area by this time BUT there is not a flake falling. I hope someone in Pa. is getting some snow

13. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

It's snowing here now but its very light. Hope it puts down a quick couple inches. We could use it!

14. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i just looked at weather underground and its suppose to start this morning and continue through the morning rush. Good Luck and B Safe

15. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Same to you!! :salute:

16. OrganicsL&L

OrganicsL&L Senior Member
    from Maine

I have the TE 80, and love the plow, I'm sure you will be very happy with yours. I had the problem with the jack stand sinking in the ground too. All I did was take a square piece of scrap plywood and put it under the jack....problem solved. Once you get it figured out, it should only take 3-5 minutes max to put your plow on.

Good luck!

17. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Have fun. I went out Sunday when we had about 1.5" of sloppy snow in syracuse and played around. The first time of the year is always the best!

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Piece of wood does the trick to prevent it from sinking. After mounting the plow a few times you'll get the hang of it. Best of luck, hope you make some green payup

My MM1 was horrible and very finicky. My Snowdogg has been great and takes much less effort using the jack to get everything lined up. Make sure your chains are very loose, it makes all the difference in the world (with Fisher or SD).

19. TKO1

TKO1 Member

Fourth year with my Sno-Dogg V and level ground and a block/wood under the jack are imperative. Used to take longer, now 5 minutes tops

20. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Got up this morning snowing, about a inch on the grass, nothing on the pavement, did my usually drive into town with the salt and plow just to make sure, nothing came home and went back to bed, hopefully this isn't going to be like last year. But I'm only %50 ready for snow anyway, hopefully after dec 1st we start getting some snow work, I could use the money!