1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's that time of year again...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTVLandscaping, Nov 10, 2012.

1. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

You know, that time of year when the guys are towing their mowers around but have the plow on already...It's good to be prepared but when they called it a minute mount...they were'nt kidding, it only takes a minute.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They been doing that here since Labor Day!
  3. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Yeah...but you've usually already gotten your first snowfall by then
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

It's around 65 here and I see all kinds of bozos driving around with their plows on. With gas at $3.65/gal I'll wait til it actually snows.
  5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I've seen the same bozos as you...I'm in East Nassau.

Was close to 60* today and seen a few rigs with there plows on.
  6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

a bunch of guys around here have them on and always drive around with them i dont get it
  7. M.A.H.

M.A.H. Junior Member

This made me laugh after what I seen earlier today. I went to pick up a battery for one of my trucks and seen 3 guys with plows on and the parts store is only 5 miles down the road from me. Sunny and in the 60's here :).
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

It is probably guy's that just got their first plow. It's like HEY EVERYONE LOOK WHAT I GOT!
  9. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't want to do it, but I can see doing it to draw eyes to your truck so people can see your phone number and call you for plowing...there's nothing like driving around with 1000 pounds of brightly painted steel sticking out 4 feet in front of your truck to get some attention.
  10. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Dunno what minute mount you have, but if I was naming those things I'd call them the "25 Minute with a huge breaker bar and about 10 hail mary's for all the cussing I do trying to get it lined up Mount".....
  11. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I must have the bent boss rt3 car jack and breaker bar 45 minute mount
  12. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Floor Jack & 15 min mount!
  13. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

My plow comes with a jack but I still need 15 mins and sometimes two additional pump jacks to get the job done. Sometimes I often think I put more strain on my tranny going forward and reverse just putting the plow on then I do plowing! (min mount)?? YEAH RIGHT!!
  14. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

:lol: The Diamond 8.5' I used to have was like that. Floor jack, hammer, crowbar, handheld 5lb sledge, long 2x4 for leverage, and maybe a piece of crap floor jack...5 minutes on a good day, 15 minutes on a bad day, plus time required to convince the frozen hydraulics to work. It felt like an hour, especially out in the cold snow. That's all without having to jockey the plow around, I was a master at driving straight into it first time every time.

Things would have been a whole lot easier if I knew then what I know now...though one of the things I know now is that I have neither the response time nor the all-night awakeness ability for professional plowing.