1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's Snowing !!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PPM, Dec 15, 2002.

1. PPM

PPM Junior Member

Hey all, just thought Id let you know we have got about an 1" or so in some areas, a little more expected before it tappers off around midnite it's 11 pm now in Toronto, It's suposed to get to -8 throughout the nite then maybe rain :mad: All day I ve been checking the weather reports, and nothing said about snow! Then all of a sudden an inch or more :confused: So I go to the shope about 20 min away and it's just wet so 6 accounts are snow covered and 6 arn't 4 are retirement homes and I like to keep them happy ($$) so Ill be out there for a couple of hours any way. Oh well you all have a nice sleep..

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Just got back in from our first run,they weren't calling for anything but flurries !!

We got 6-8 inches of snow in 4 hrs,temp dropped from 0 to -12 in less than an hour and everything was a skating rink.Finished all our retail and most of the commercials,just the res left to do.Will have to go back out tonight to finish everything up.
  3. DanG

DanG Senior Member

It's snowing on and off here too.

I just got back in from plowing the veterinary clinic I do.

Last night they said there was only a 50% chance of snow for today but we have about 2" so far.With the possibility of up to 5-6" in the hill towns.

This makes four times I've had to plow this year already, Last year it was only 5 for the whole season.