1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Its Snowing!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jrich01, Mar 11, 2004.

1. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

We are finally getting some snow here in Ashtabula Ohio!!!
  2. hesko1

hesko1 Member

How long has it been for you? The last time we plowed in detroit was Jan. 28th. We have salted some since then, and we are expecting to salt tonight :)
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Let us know how much you get.:waving:
  4. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Wow it's snowing.... Who friggin cares.. Sorry just venting I am so tired of this darn cold snowy weather. There was about a foot of new stuff down by Cantwell in the last two days and I am tired of driving through the stuff. I hope you make lots plowing it then it can ALL go away........
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

We got a whopping 1/4" at my place.... :(
  6. mole

mole Senior Member

me too maybe an inch if i move it with my foot
  7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Last time we have done anything was Feb. 6. Looks like spring is here for us. 50-60 temps are becoming the norm and all precip lately has been rain. March is usually one of our snowyest months. I was hoping for at least 1 - 2 more events. I'm about ready to put the blades away and get the boat out of storage. Good thing snow removal isn't my primary source of income. At least my repair shop is busy, business up over 10% from last year.
  8. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

We got up to 2" here east of Cleveland in Euclid. Happy plowing. Looks like I gotta put off the cleanups another week.... :mad:
  9. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

It was just a tease. We got maybe an inch.
  10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

2" north of Syracuse NY today ! Its spittin snow right now !

At least........ got to plow AND salt today.
    Hopefully tomorrow too !

BTW: I get paid by the push and each salting event!....geo
  11. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Michigan is getting pounded again. Feb was the snowiest Feb since they started keeping tract. This month looks to be just as bad. We got about 6" in the last 3 hours and its still coming down...

Here's a video from out my window..
    Hope I don't exceed my band width...
  12. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey Cocco78 can you send that snow this way......PLEASE.....looking at bare ground everyday gets depressing :(

Nice video BTW
  13. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Hell no!!! I put 120 miles on my sled today. The trails here in the UP are friggin sweet... I wish I had my camera when I was out on the trails today. At one point you couldn't see 10 ft in front of the sled...
  14. jrich01

jrich01 Member
    from Ohio

We got at least a foot of snow with all the drifting out there. Hope there is more to come. :) Plowed for hours today

Anyone else plow today? Any pics too ??
  15. donny boy

donny boy Junior Member

I am so sick of snow guys u have no clue!!! I am new to the plowing business and I took advise from my boss and had seasonal contracts and I have no more $$$ comin in, I wont make that mistake again...... We have bout 9iches here so far today since 1pm, and the storm has just stalled over us, nice and yellow band, so were probably gonna get 3 more inches by morning.. I cant wait till lawn care starts in 2 weeks, hopefully......
  16. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Donny..........HEY.....Another Syracuse NY bro !

We have about 6 inches out my way. The city really got slammed ! Truck is warming up now and ready to plow !

Shoot me a PM...We can hook up with some of the other
    Syracuse boys or stop by my bar for a few cold ones !.....geo
  17. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Snapped this pic of a public works truck on a coffee break getting ready for a long night of plowing.
  18. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Cocco iron mountain may be getting slamed but down here in kalamazoo there isnt squat. Every storm that they have predicted getting 1-3" hasnt done a thing. It usually spits a few flakes and they melt right when they hit the ground. Cant wait till spring gets here. :D :D

D'MAXXDIESAL Junior Member

got 4-5 inches in NW NJ
  20. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I got my 11th plowable event in Monday night. I think winter is now over though.:(