1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's Snowing in the East Kootenay's

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by BC Handyman, Dec 18, 2010.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Woo Hoo its snowing here in Cranbrook!! It's been 6 days since the last snowfall, so ive been doing salt/sanding and catching up on other handyman jobs. It's calling for close to 2 cm so not much but it should be enough for me and 2-4 of my guys. Hope it snows where you all are tonight as well, time for a few goodnight drinks and off to bed. good luck all.

2. BC Handyman

I'ts still snowing here(uya) I'm on my 2nd kaluha and coffee. I thought I'd post a pic of what it looks like outside here. About .7cm has fallin or about 1/4 inch so far.

100_3878.jpg

3. BC Handyman

a few snow pics

Here is a few pics I took over the last few days, with this great sunrise came a decent storm that night. Winter is turning around nicely, I got snow & a crew that shows up for workThumbs Up It is suppost to go back above freezing for the next 2 weeks though, so maybe that was it:dizzy:

img_2744.jpg

img_2743.jpg

4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the snow. Has the winter been slow for you as well?

5. BC Handyman

Yes, it was painfully slow, then next to nothing for all dec. but the last 9 days have been pretty good, 5 plowable events. 2 of those were not forcasted/expected, so it's been keeping me busy, plus I picked up a few new accounts.

6. BC Handyman

Downtown Cranbrook

Here is the view from 1 of my downtown Cranbrook sites. It was a great morning, other then the fact 3 guys didnt show for work:realmad:

img_2934 2.jpg

7. BC Handyman

Surprise Storm

We got an unforcasted storm today, It was coming down like crazy for a hr or so.Thumbs Up Here is pics of the storm. Only ended up being 2", but a very welcomed 2"

img_2931 2.JPG

img_2944.jpg

img_2947.jpg

8. BC Handyman

Plowing pics

Here is some more pics of plowing after 2-22-2012

img_2954.jpg

img_2956.jpg

img_2958 2.JPG

9. BC Handyman

WOW what a day!

Well my area got a good 6-7" - 15-17cm snow storm. 3 guys didnt show for work, on this the biggest storm of the year. :realmad: 2 are fired, 1 quit. I ran out of gas in a drivway:realmad: & had to get a ride to the gas station(looked real professional) Darn Dodge is a pig on gas in 4x4, while plowing & driving in deep snow.
    Had a guy call me to plow his 1.3 acre store lot, he offered to pay $25 LMFAO:laughing: He was serious! I told him I'd do it for 3 times that(even that a deal) he said never mind then. What a joke!
    Anyway, I was so busy I didnt really get any pics, other then these two. One a view from bobcat, other of the dodge cleaning up. 18hrs to do all customers and calls. Sleep time:sleeping:

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

10. BC Handyman

Another small snowfall

Well I got a bit more snow, not much though. Maybe 1-3" depending on which side of town.
    Pretty crappy Feb for snow, Snow totals are way down. Maybe in March it will snow. :laughing:

img_3206.jpg

11. BC Handyman

I've got snow!

Well winter isn't over here I guess. Every day for the last 3 days we have got a sciff of snow, just enought to do my 3 zero tolerance sites & thats all! Forcast was the same 1cm, but they were wrong. I got about 1-3 inches(depending on side of town), just enough to do a majority of accounts. Here is a few pics of the snow.

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

12. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Well someone enjoying the snow! We had just over a foot of snow a week ago now its all gone and temps are in the 60's, what a winter!

13. BC Handyman

March Madness!

March Madness alright, we've got more snow in march sofar then we did all of Dec. I woke very suprised to see a good amount of unforcasted snow. And it kept snowing all day, by 2:00 it was like pushing cement, it was so heavy & waterloged. I managed to get all 3" & under customers done which is like 80% of my customers. payup
    This is what I woke up to, then it kept coming. In total about 8cm/3.5" stuckThumbs Up

Picture 027.jpg

14. BC Handyman

plowing pics

Here is a few pics of my doings while plowing today. Anybody else out today? Enjoy!

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I was out all day, but it was 75 outside.

16. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Think I'll go rake the lawn and put seed and fertilizer down.

17. BC Handyman

Well it's -3c here and snowing pretty good here, About 1.5" on ground so I'm heading out now, I'll post pics after the day is done. I'm ready anytime for spring now.

18. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

haha... 76f here in Northeast PA yesterday

19. BC Handyman

More March Snow!

Sorry guys, I've been so busy & it's calling for another 5-12 cm overnight & in morn. I will post pics when ever this March madness stops.(i did get a few vids) So far we are 3X normal precip. for this month & 5X snowfall & still 10 days to go! Calling for snow over the next 3-4 days:dizzy:
    Making up for the fact it didnt snow much Dec-feb.

20. BC Handyman

storm pics

Well surprise, surprise, the weather man was wrong yet again, they were calling for 5-10cm & we got 15-20cm:dizzy: I'm so tired from 3 long days & they calling for another 2-4cm overnight. I just got home & will have to go out again in 3-5 hrs. Plow & skid are holding up well(shovelers not so well) I got stuck tonight & had to dig myself out:realmad:
    I got to get some sleep, but here is a few teaser pics of the snow falling over the last few days. I'll post more pics when I can(got a few pics & vids)

Picture 091.jpg

Picture 100.jpg

Picture 120.jpg